Embedded Controller, open firmware skeleton

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Mon Jul 16 03:52:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

this is a skeleton for an open source implementation of
the firmware for the embedded controler of the XO.

I'm appending it here as the file size (26 kBytes)
seems small enough to distribute it as such once.
If the list strips the appended file I'll mail it
on request.

Some cons first:
it does nothing useful yet. It f.e. contains no kb3700 specific
registers (just plain 8051 registers) yet and just compiles.
Also it's completely untested. It is not adapted to XO hardware
(f.e. battery fuel gauge IC).

Some pros next:
"make" generates a checksummed binary. It contains comments.
It is prepared for doxygen documentation ("make docs").
It was written to be relatively easy to debug. It's GPL'ed.
It's intended to see many changes:) It uses SDCC as compiler
but tries to be compiler independent (the source can be
compiled with GCC:)

Greetings,
Frieder