New autoreinstallation scripts with activation support.

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jul 16 06:01:43 EDT 2007

So I admit to not reading your mail carefully at first but just
followed the updated instructions at the Wiki. Notes follow:

=======

Worked for me. After NAND flashing, the machine automatically
proceeded to boot (I was at q2c18 already). I think formerly a note
was shown to please remove the USB drive and power down? Anyway I
ripped out the drive while the kernel was booting ... is that okay?

Additionally, "LEASES.XO" was generated on the USB drive. What data
is in there? Should that file be kept secret? Isn't "*.xo" reserved
for activity bundles? Or is the uppercase .XO significantly different
form lowercase .xo? Anyway, I think this should be mentioned in the
instructions.

=======

Then I wondered why I did to notices any "activation", and why there
was no "/secure" directory after booting.

Finding nothing in the instructions, I read your mail again. Ah. Dumb
me ;) Will boot again with drive plugged in ...

=======

One thing that would make it a tiny bit simpler would be sym-linking
the img and crc file to 'nandXYZ.img' and 'nandXYZ.crc' in the
download directory at RedHat ... a little script could do that once
for all previous versions and the build script for each new one.

- Bert -