RC2 and New bugs

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Jul 10 13:13:12 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Kim Quirk <kim at laptop.org> wrote:
> We are 2 weeks past feature freeze. If you are working on a feature that you
> think is supposed to go into Trial-2, please talk to Jim or me asap. We
> probably need to push it out. In order to stabilize this build, we can't
> check in any new code, without a good, detailed discussion. Trial-2 is in
> 'bug fix' mode now.

Activation and upgrades aren't in the current builds yet.  Activation
should be minimally-invasive (there's a separate initrd that we boot
into if the machine isn't yet activated), but upgrades may need to
move stuff around in the filesystem -- the current design pushes the
filesystem root from / to /a (or /b) to allow recovery to a backup
system after the upgrade.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )