RC2 and New bugs

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Jul 10 12:08:33 EDT 2007

Test group (and others),

Bugs that are found as part of testing should go into the system as
'untriaged' until we get to the end of this release.  Exceptions would be if
you wrote the bug and you know it isn't need for Trial-2; or if you have
spoken to Jim or Kim and they suggested that your bug reports should be in a
later release.

As part of our clamping down on the code changes that are going into this
stream, we are triaging all new bug reports every day to make sure we
want/need to fix something in this release or whether it makes sense to move
it out.

Also, the test group should be using build 494, which we will call RC2. It
was built last weekend and it is somewhat stable with lots of features.
Let's plan to use this build for a few days to get to some deeper level of
bugs.

----
Developers,

We are 2 weeks past feature freeze. If you are working on a feature that you
think is supposed to go into Trial-2, please talk to Jim or me asap. We
probably need to push it out. In order to stabilize this build, we can't
check in any new code, without a good, detailed discussion. Trial-2 is in
'bug fix' mode now.

Thanks!
Kim