OLPC Flash discussion

Zjnue Brzavi zjnue.brzavi at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:13:41 EST 2007

Hi SJ and list,

I've recently tried to introduce a suite of open technologies I'd like
to see at the forefront of e-learning, particularly in OLPC context.
Not only is the language (haXe) powerful and a pleasure to work with,
but I can attest of the good direction the owners of these
technologies provide. Here is my previous post again:

from		Zjnue Brzavi <zjnue.brzavi at googlemail.com>
date		Jan 13, 2007 6:27 PM
subject		Re: Flash support at current OLPC browser?

Dear all,

I've previously posted to introduce a new language called haXe
(haxe.org), that compiles to flash (6-9) bytecode, js and a server
language neko (nekovm.org). More recently I've been getting involved
with a project called xinf (xinf is not flash - xinf.org) that
promises exciting options in terms of exposing a consistent gui api to
haXe for targetting both js, flash 9 (potentially other versions also)
and a neko-based format that will run on a xinfinity player, currently
in development. This means your gui will be able to 'fall-back' onto
the flash player when xinfinity is not installed or while it still
lacks in features. I'm very interested to look at combining these
technologies for the purposes of e-leanring and because they all have
a very small footprint, I believe it to be very well suited to the
OLPC project. If anyone else share these interests please get in
touch. I do feel there is great potential.

Best,

Zjnue