newbie question - need to get libstdc++.so.5

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon Jan 8 15:25:20 EST 2007

Hi Geir,

   > I'm playing around with getting Apache Harmony (an OSS impl of Java
   > SE) to run on an OLPC image running in Parallels in OS X.
   > Currently, I'm using build 218.

   > Can someone tell me the right way to get libstdc++.so.5 installed?
   > I assume I use rpm? (I've been spending most of my time in
   > ubuntu-land lately, so I'm rusty...)

`yum -y install compat-libstdc++` should get you set up.

   > How am I sure I get the right build?

In general, you should use the latest stable build:

http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/LATEST-STABLE-BUILD/

If you want to try something newer, you can look at the Tinderbox:

http://dev.laptop.org/tinderbox/

If a build has passed all tests, it's likely to at least bring up the
sugar environment successfully.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>