newbie question - need to get libstdc++.so.5

Geir Magnusson Jr. geir at pobox.com
Mon Jan 8 15:10:30 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm a newbie so forgive the stupid questions and misnaming things -
I'll learn quickly...

I'm playing around with getting Apache Harmony (an OSS impl of Java
SE) to run on an OLPC image running in Parallels in OS X.  Currently,
I'm using build 218.

Can someone tell me the right way to get libstdc++.so.5 installed?  I
assume I use rpm? (I've been spending most of my time in ubuntu-land
lately, so I'm rusty...)

How am I sure I get the right build?

thanks in advance, and again, sorry for the newbie question - my
questions will get smarter over time :)

geir