A special linux distribution for developing OLPC applications

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Sun Jan 7 10:43:33 EST 2007

Jim Gettys wrote:

> If you know a glibc hacker, there are Geode optimized functions for some
> of our basic string functions found at
> http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=geode-perf;a=summary

  I know the glibc maintainer, as we used to work together at Cygnus.
:-) You mean the stuff under "commit import from AMD" ? I see a bunch of
string and memory functions.

> Some of these are significantly faster than what is currently in glibc.
> We've not had time yet to see about integrating them.

  I'm going on vacation Tuesday, but if this can wait till I get back in
a week, I'll integrate these changes. I've worked on both glibc and
newlib plenty. My plan is to spend some time improving the tool chain
when I get back, so I can continue to use it for Gnash/Ming development
on the OLPC.

	- rob -