Symbad: Symbols for Binary Application Database

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jan 2 13:20:36 EST 2007

On 02/01/07 13:19 -0300, Nicolas Troncoso C. wrote:
> Hi,
> I made a test run of the software. The easyest thing to ask is with libraries
> are not used by any binary. I made a list with the corresponding size. Please
> take a look at them and confirm they are unsed.

The only problem I can see is that some of the dynamic plugins made it on the
list - thats not your fault, its virtually impossible to tell the difference
between a run-time library and a plugin since neither has symbols used in
the binaries.

So please remove all the files from /usr/lib/xorg/modules and
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ as those directories all contain shared plugins.
I would encourage the X and gstreamer folks to peruse the list and eliminate
the plugins we know we don't use (such as ztv_drv.so and void_drv.so).

I believe that the libnss files are also dynamically loaded, so those can
probably be removed as well from the list as well.  I can't speak to any of
the others.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse