GCompris in sugar ?

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Fri Feb 2 02:52:14 EST 2007

Bryan Berry a écrit :
> How hard is it to change or extend the maths problems in Gcompris?
>
> For example, there is that nice game where you have to do simple
> addition and subtraction to save Tux from parachuting into the river.
> How hard would it be to add "12 X 15"  or "square root of 49"?
>
> This may not exactly constructionist learning but it would develop
> very useful skills.  I really wish I could compute 12 X 15  in my head.
As pure math operations game, the new version of TuxMath is interesting
too. It just has the 4 operations +-x÷, but you can modify the operation
question, the intervalle numbers, the question, the speed... almost all

E.g. you can make it a substraction manipulation game asking for
questions in the type: a+?=b, ?+a=b and a-b=?, with a and b in the
interval 0-10. You can define the same kind of missions for divisions,
or missions for multiplications in the 10-15 interval.

TuxMath is really funny game, and fun is important with kids. it can
give some ideas for activities in this area.

--
yves