GCompris in sugar ?

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Fri Feb 2 02:17:17 EST 2007

Bryan Berry a écrit :
> How hard is it to change or extend the maths problems in Gcompris?
>
> For example, there is that nice game where you have to do simple
> addition and subtraction to save Tux from parachuting into the river.
> How hard would it be to add "12 X 15"  or "square root of 49"?
It's not really difficult to add such kind of questions. You can add
that in algebra (the game with the river), in maths memo (click on the
opération and it's result), or in the munchers (eat the answers of a
question).

It's not really difficult to have a python version of the algebra game
too. This code is quite simple.

The only difficulty is to have a system to write correctly mathematics.
This is anyway a good question for GCompris, not only in olpc context.
Maybe GtkMathView? What's the OLPC solution for that ?

Anyway you can use our wiki to make such kind of suggestions for GCompris:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/index.php/Developer%27s_corner , in the
requested features or in the ideas of activities.

--
yves