GCompris in sugar ?

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Thu Feb 1 15:15:37 EST 2007

Marco Pesenti Gritti a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 23:42 +0100, Yves Combe wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> from an user experience point of view, I don't think you want to write a
> GCompris activity, but rather some sort of GCompris Board -> Sugar
> Activity adapter. The two concepts actually seem to map pretty closely,
> expect Activity also imply collaboration and social interaction. See:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HIG
>
> Marco
>
>From the OLPC/HIG point of view, you are perfectly right. I was just
answering the question "Is it possible to do a sugar compatible version
of GCompris?"

>From an educational point of view, GCompris as interesting activities
for kids even in standalone mode. I don't think the collaborative way is
the only one in education. Memory (visual and sounds), puzzles, a small
electric simulator (needs gnucap installed), submarine, and small number
of others (chess, awele, Hanoi tower, Nim's game...). Of course, some
puzzle solving could be intersting to port in a collaborative way, but
it was not the question.

--
yves