GCompris in sugar ?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 17:09:54 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:15 +0100, Yves Combe wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti a écrit :
> > On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 23:42 +0100, Yves Combe wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > from an user experience point of view, I don't think you want to write a
> > GCompris activity, but rather some sort of GCompris Board -> Sugar
> > Activity adapter. The two concepts actually seem to map pretty closely,
> > expect Activity also imply collaboration and social interaction. See:
> >
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HIG
> >
> > Marco
> >
> From the OLPC/HIG point of view, you are perfectly right. I was just
> answering the question "Is it possible to do a sugar compatible version
> of GCompris?"

It depends on what you mean with "compatible". If compatible means just
running into sugar then there is not even need to port stuff to
python... An activity which just embed GCompris is probably 50 lines of
code.

I guess my question is... would it possible to integrate GCompris, or
some of the GCompris boards with sugar as activities (which doesn't
necessarily imply mesh support)?
I think it's by far a more interesting question, and I'd love to see it
happen.

Marco