Conway's Life activity

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Dec 24 20:27:36 EST 2007

  That reminds me of a version in Etoys.

http://dev.laptop.org/~yoshiki/etoys/LifeGame.006.pr

The nice thing about Etoys version is that you can edit the rule
dynamically by drag-and-drop while the simulation is running.  You can
just try "what-if" simualtions whenever you like.

  On some installations, it may run very slowly; a plugin for
accerating the particle system is missing in the VM.  Try it after we
resolve the issue.

  One can think to write a graphical DSL for specifying CA rules in
Etoys.  That would be a fun project for hackers...

-- Yoshiki