Recent Joyride builds busted bad

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Dec 17 19:46:16 EST 2007

On 12/17/07 19:11, Marcus Leech wrote:
> Missing /usr/lib/modules/<kernel>/*.dep, etc.  This is fixed by doing a
> "depmod -a" after upgrading.

This appears to be fixed in 1439, announced just
4mins after your post :-)

> But there's also chunks of filesystem missing:
>
> /var/lock/subsys/{a-bunch-of-things}
> /var/run/dbus
> /security
> /var/lib/stateless/{a-bunch-of-things}

Looks like the damn stateless linux thing is failing
to restore files in /etc/rc.sysinit.

We need to add cpio manually to the list of packages
in pilgrim.  I don't have write access to the version
that gets used in the joyride builds.

Scott, could you please do it?

> A couple of RC scripts failed to find the "find" command, which perhaps
> explains missing chunks of filesystem
>   (particularly under /var???).

So we also need to add find back.

> It's a frooking mess, I'd say :-)

Yes :-(

I'm surprised how much stuff was installed only as a consequence
of mkinitrd.  The Fedora people should be informed of this
problem, as it is likely to bite on every embedded distro
based off Fedora.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/