Recent Joyride builds busted bad

Marcus Leech mleech at nortel.com
Mon Dec 17 20:42:07 EST 2007

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

> I'm surprised how much stuff was installed only as a consequence
> of mkinitrd.  The Fedora people should be informed of this
> problem, as it is likely to bite on every embedded distro
> based off Fedora.

So, things like "find" and "cpio" were only listed as dependencies of
mkinitrd, and not in
  any other packages?  That's really weird!

A lot of these things (find, grep, tar, cpio, gzip,
a-plethora-of-others) should likely be always
  installed, since the "disk space" penalty is low, and they are such
*basic* utilities that they
  should always (IMNSHO) get installed.  A problem with the traditional
dependency model
  for things like utility commands is that it's hard to describe the
dependency graph of the
  "uber application", which is the end-user (or in this case, developer)
themselves :-)