Recent Joyride builds busted bad

Marcus Leech mleech at nortel.com
Mon Dec 17 19:11:51 EST 2007

Missing /usr/lib/modules/<kernel>/*.dep, etc.  This is fixed by doing a
"depmod -a" after upgrading.

But there's also chunks of filesystem missing:

/var/lock/subsys/{a-bunch-of-things}
/var/run/dbus
/security
/var/lib/stateless/{a-bunch-of-things}

I looked at the build.logs for 1438, 1437, and 1436, and there's nothing
that really leaps out at me as a cause for this.

The upshot of this is that HAL hangs for a long time (perhaps waiting
for a dbus that will never appear, because DBUS
  failed to start due to /var/run/dbus not being there).

X fails to start as well, with init doing its darndest to get it
started, in an annoying infinite loop.

A couple of RC scripts failed to find the "find" command, which perhaps
explains missing chunks of filesystem
  (particularly under /var???).

It's a frooking mess, I'd say :-)