alternate h/w for devel use?

imm ian at imm.uklinux.net
Sat Dec 1 09:28:48 EST 2007

Whilst wandering around the web this morning I stumbled across this:

http://www.linutop.com/product/

It's Geode LX based with 256MB RAM and so forth.

I just wondered if anyone who knows the xo hardware well, would be
able to express an opinion as to whether this might be an option, for
those of us outside the G1G1 geographical area, to do a little
software development of our own, without eating in to the supply of
developer machines?
I don't feel I can justify taking a dev machine, but might be able to
stretch to the €280 for one of these things. Currently I'm using
sugar-jhbuild for tests, but am quite interested in seeing how well
it goes on "representative" hardware.

TIA,
--
Ian