inventing URI schemes considered harmful (was: e-book reader)

Yoric Yoric at users.sf.net
Fri Aug 3 11:42:57 EDT 2007

Thanks for the references Simon, you're right, a custom scheme may not
be the best idea. I may have gotten over-enthousiastic because custom
schemes are easy to implement within the Mozilla platform.

Assuming I'm right nonetheless on the fact that hijacking http through a
proxy would be a bad idea, this would leave us with either tag: URIs or
with URNs. Any suggestions on pros and cons ?

Cheers,
 David