libXCBReply.so on Xorg always got errors but the problem was not there.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Sep 20 07:13:11 EDT 2006

Supat,

1) this is an X.org build problem, and should be reported on the xorg
mailing list on freenode, rather than on our devel list.  You can also
get help on the #xorg-devel IRC channel.  And you may find a bugzilla
entry on freedesktop.org on the topic as well.

2) the jhbuild instructions in the freedesktop wiki specifically talk
about the Xcb build problems, and how to work around them, until the Xcb
repository is reorganized.

3) This reorganization is "soon", but I don't know when.
                             Regards,
                                 - Jim

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 12:10 +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> I alway got below error:
>
> gcc -Wall -O2 -o .libs/test_reply test_reply-test_reply.o  -L/opt/xorg/lib
> ./.libs/libXCBReply.so
> /opt/xorg/lib/libXCB.so /opt/xorg/lib/libXau.so /opt/xorg/lib/libXdmcp.so
> -lpthread
> test_reply-test_reply.o(.text+0x130): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `XCBSync'
> ./.libs/libXCBReply.so: undefined reference to `XCBGetRequestRead'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [test_reply] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/lin2/git/xcb/xcb-util/reply'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> ***** make failed on xcb/xcb-util
> Making clean in renderutil
> make[1]: Entering directory `/lin2/git/xcb/xcb-util/renderutil'
> test -z "libXCBRenderUtil.la" || rm -f libXCBRenderUtil.la
> rm -f "./so_locations"
> rm -rf .libs _libs
> rm -f *.o
>
> I try to compile under exactly fedora build81 condition and also got
> exactly above errors. So, I think error was in xcb/reply program.
>
> But after I get rid off compile errors messages I still cannot press
> cntl-alt-f1-7 to change to console.
>
> I just find the origin of problem today that the problem is on xkb not
> xcb. And I wonder why build 81 can compile in w/o need xcb. I try to get
> rid off using xcb but if move it out then x11 cannot be compiled. Old xorg
> do not have XCBlib in its /opt/xorg/lib at all.
>
> regards,
> zxc
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child