libXCBReply.so on Xorg always got errors but the problem was not there.

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Wed Sep 20 01:11:26 EDT 2006

I alway got below error:

gcc -Wall -O2 -o .libs/test_reply test_reply-test_reply.o  -L/opt/xorg/lib
./.libs/libXCBReply.so
/opt/xorg/lib/libXCB.so /opt/xorg/lib/libXau.so /opt/xorg/lib/libXdmcp.so
-lpthread
test_reply-test_reply.o(.text+0x130): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `XCBSync'
./.libs/libXCBReply.so: undefined reference to `XCBGetRequestRead'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [test_reply] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lin2/git/xcb/xcb-util/reply'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
***** make failed on xcb/xcb-util
Making clean in renderutil
make[1]: Entering directory `/lin2/git/xcb/xcb-util/renderutil'
test -z "libXCBRenderUtil.la" || rm -f libXCBRenderUtil.la
rm -f "./so_locations"
rm -rf .libs _libs
rm -f *.o

I try to compile under exactly fedora build81 condition and also got
exactly above errors. So, I think error was in xcb/reply program.

But after I get rid off compile errors messages I still cannot press
cntl-alt-f1-7 to change to console.

I just find the origin of problem today that the problem is on xkb not
xcb. And I wonder why build 81 can compile in w/o need xcb. I try to get
rid off using xcb but if move it out then x11 cannot be compiled. Old xorg
do not have XCBlib in its /opt/xorg/lib at all.

regards,
zxc