Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Oct 24 18:49:08 EDT 2006

OLPC software teleconference.   Note the action item list below. If you
can't make the meeting, please at least update the status on action
items. Let's update our bugs even if the status is "no progress this
week"

DIAL IN:
  From  the United States: 866-213-2185
  From Outside the United States:  1-609-454-9914

access code: 8069698

problems? Call customer care
800-526-2655 or 205-206-2301

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=24&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43

You can easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you
have.

Priorities:
  - Get all the hardware working
  - Get a network manager interface for Sugar, get the browser working
well
  - Something to demonstrate the camera and video
  - Stabilize the X setup

Battery driver went in today. Cafe NAND driver has been committed, with
command line options for enabling DMA and ECC.

Please send me agenda items for discussion.

      Topics:
            Do we have another build for widespread deployment?
                If so, which one? If not, what's missing?
            BIOS
                PS/2 serial port fix?
                Which BIOS for BTest? (REDUX!)
	    Placeholder applications
            Priorities between now and BTest
            Driver status and integration status.
            Action items / New Bug Triage

Old action items:

AI: Chris Blizzard -
   - get sysprof, memprof, oprofile in
   - memprof submitted for inclusion; is it in?
   - tmp fs in ram:  Chris says FC6 has a flag you can set to
     make initscripts put temporary stuff in RAM.
   - Adam Jackson is working on the 16-bit color issue.

AI: Chris Ball to pick a PGP implementation and recommend to Quanta

AI: Mitch, check with Ivan and Mark about ability to hard reset
        reliably after reflashing, add trac entry for Mark.
        - Board failure USB/Marvell - Sent to Quanta?
AI: Mitch: supply Open Firmware for people to start testing
AI: Mitch: supply Open Firmware test for B1 mouse
AI: Mitch to deliver a new LB release with fixes for
   trac 155 - CaFe interrupt routing
   trac 186 - EC AUX D3 command response (LB patch)
   trac 153 - firmware signature
   trac 136 - serirq in quiet mode (deferred to after BTest-1)
   (maybe) trac 151 - 256 MB RAM

AI: marcelo - #65 Temporary filesystems should be in RAM
	set it to 10 to find broken apps sooner

AI: Richard - 113: LinuxBIOS flashing procedure needs additional step
     fixed, need to be closed.
  -  Richard also needs to add support olpcflash
	(deferred until after BTest-1)

Zephaniah
   - Input: we have a functional kernel driver that needs
     minor tweaks before sending upstream.

Jordan
   - open a trac bug about the text rendering speed problem.
   - oprofile needs NMI-capable interrupts.  Useful even without.
        If NMI available, should be put into trac as an opportunity
        Talk to tom about it. (Tom says counters 16 bits only,
		but that may be enough)
   - DCON: Preserve picture when graphics engine, gamma support in tree?

Ray
   - EC code. rev. 20 released
   - Ray to tell Mitch how to detect a 3700 vs a 3920

Richard
   - follow up on trac 113.  jg has memory that full reset is possible.

Andres
   - Zephaniah needs touchpad calibration values from Andres.

Jim
   - reassign "verified" state to Andres.

--
Jim Gettys