Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Oct 17 18:09:23 EDT 2006

OLPC software teleconference.   Note the action item list below. If you
can't make the meeting, please at least update the status on action
items. Let's update our bugs even if the status is "no progress this
week"

DIAL IN:
  From  the United States: 866-213-2185
  From Outside the United States:  1-609-454-9914

access code: 8069698

problems? Call customer care
800-526-2655 or 205-206-2301

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=17&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
0&p1=43

You can easily use the query page in trac to see what open issues you
have.

Priorities:
  - Get all the hardware working
  - Get a network manager interface for Sugar, get the browser working well
  - Something to demonstrate the camera and video
  - Stabilize the X setup

Please send me agenda items for discussion.

      Topics:
            Do we have another build for widespread deployment?
		If so, which one? If not, what's missing?
	    BIOS
		Does the EC code work?
	    	PS/2 serial port fix
            	Interrupt fix
		Which BIOS for BTest?
	    X server status (EXA/Xv)
            Priorities between now and BTest
	    Driver status and integration status.
            Action items / New Bug Triage

Old action items:

AI: Chris Blizzard -
   - get sysprof, memprof, oprofile in
   - memprof submitted for inclusion; is it in?
   - tmp fs in ram:  Chris says FC6 has a flag you can set to
     make initscripts put temporary stuff in RAM.

AI: Mitch, check with Ivan and Mark about ability to hard reset
        reliably after reflashing, add trac entry for Mark.
        - Board failure USB/Marvell - Sent to Quanta?
AI: Mitch: supply Open Firmware for people to start testing
AI: Mitch: supply Open Firmware test for B1 mouse

AI: marcelo - #65 Temporary filesystems should be in RAM

AI: Richard - 113: LinuxBIOS flashing procedure needs additional step
     fixed, need to be closed.

Zephaniah
   - Input: we have a functional kernel driver that needs
     minor tweaks before sending upstream.

Jordan
   - make trac entries for any PRS issues that require
     LinuxBIOS  changes.
   - open a trac bug about the text rendering speed problem.
   - oprofile needs NMI-capable interrupts.  Useful even without.
        If NMI available, should be put into trac as an opportunity
	Talk to tom about it.
   - DCON:  Preserve picture when graphics engine, gamma support

Ray
   - EC code.

Richard
   - follow up on trac 113.  jg has memory that full reset is possible.

Andres
   - Zephaniah needs touchpad calibration values from Andres.

Jim
   - Verified state in trac

--
Jim Gettys