[OLPC-devel] Re: wireless/libertas: miscellaneous fixes

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jun 27 00:02:43 EDT 2006

On 26/06/06 20:29 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> So, the config is not really working for me. Note I am trying to go with
> the 'unsetup machine' scenario. I really want to start with empty NAND
> flash, USB key, and go from there.
>
> But, in all other ways, things are looking good -- I hope to finally get
> where I want to go in the next day (i.e. tomorrow night :0)

It occurs to me that the busybox based initrd isn't going to work very well,
on account of there being no init script to run. :)

So I added a package for kexec-boot-loader and set up some simple
configurations in Config.mk - selecting INITRD_KBL will just build
the kexec-boot-loader, while selecting INITRD_BUSYBOX will build
busybox and wireless-tools (for development purposes).

I also added a patch against kexec-boot-loader to use a makedevs style
text file to create /dev entries at runtime, so you don't need to be root
to create the initrd.   I haven't tested this on a real board, so YMMV.

Its all in GIT right now - good luck!

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse