[OLPC-devel] Re: wireless/libertas: miscellaneous fixes

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 26 22:29:32 EDT 2006

ok, as of linuxbios rev 2335, we have a fix in from steve goodrich and I
have fixed what I hope is the only interrupt left that was not set. At
this point I'm hoping to hear about other linuxbios lacks so I can try
to get them fixed.

Jordan's initrd does not work well for me; the default is to try to boot
from hda1 (which does not exist on my machine) and if I set it to
/dev/ram0 I get this:
VFS: Cannot open root device "ram0" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

This is COMMAND_LINE and you can set it in the top level makefile:
BASE_DIR=$(shell pwd)
include Config.mk
include Vars.mk
COMMAND_LINE=console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0
init=/sbin/init mem=110m

# This is the master list of all available packages
# We construct two targets to help make cleaning easier

etc. etc.

So, the config is not really working for me. Note I am trying to go with
the 'unsetup machine' scenario. I really want to start with empty NAND
flash, USB key, and go from there.

But, in all other ways, things are looking good -- I hope to finally get
where I want to go in the next day (i.e. tomorrow night :0)

ron