[OLPC-devel] New Mailing list proposal for Open solaris discussion

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 31 09:30:07 EDT 2006

in general, split mailing lists for a small discussion group can get
confusing. I don't see the harm in having opensolaris discussions on the
main list, since opensolaris issues/problems may be solved by linux
discoveries; more importand, an opensolaris fix may help linux. I don't
think we need to segregate Oses. I intend to look at Plan 9/inferno on
OLPC soon ; those are much lighter operating systems than Linux, and
actually feel quite fast on an OLPC.

ron