[OLPC-devel] New Mailing list proposal for Open solaris discussion

Ashok Kumar viswanathan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:03:24 EDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:

> in general, split mailing lists for a small discussion group can get
> confusing. I don't see the harm in having opensolaris discussions on the
> main list, since opensolaris issues/problems may be solved by linux
> discoveries;

sure, thanks for allowing discussion on main list.

more importand, an opensolaris fix may help linux. I don't

great idea !!!

think we need to segregate Oses. I intend to look at Plan 9/inferno on
> OLPC soon ; those are much lighter operating systems than Linux, and
> actually feel quite fast on an OLPC.

yes, we should have alternative, otherwise the children can feel fear to
move to other operating system.

thanks a lot

Ashok