[OLPC-devel] do we need s/o to make .swf plug-in for olpc browser?

Kenneth Østby kenneth.ostby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 05:18:59 EDT 2006

Just thinking out loud here. :)

On 7/21/06, supat at supat.eu.org <supat at supat.eu.org> wrote:

> I think we need s/o to develop OLPC plug-in that consume small RAM.

Could it be an idea to push the encoding part on a proxy of some sort and
connect the "flash" plugin to that, like the X-server works today. That way
one can develop a lighter(cpu/ram) protocol for all the different forms of
media encodings out there like flash, shockwave, qucktime and so on.

It will also give a lot of different positive side effects like only one
place to upgrade the codec's, limited caching ++. Probably some negative
ones too, but the cynicism comes after I've had my tea.

Kenneth Østby