[OLPC-devel] Boot tasks?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 22:50:14 EDT 2006

On 7/14/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:

> what's the error? Note that you have to have /proc mounted to mount
> anything, now adays.

The error was that the makedev patch for kbl has another typo bug
where it _only_ creates character devices.

When the /dev/sda1 is created proper block device then it works fine.

I also found that the makedev patch to kbl is not even needed.  We are
building busybox with the 'makedevs' command enabled which does
exactly the same thing but the syntax is slightly different.

Attached is a patch that modifies device.txt and creates the
beginnings of a ./linuxrc bootup script for buildrom.

./linuxrc won't work from your 'rdinit=' line yet so don't try.  Boot
into /bin/ash first and then run it.

--
Richard A. Smith