[OLPC-devel] Re: Boot tasks?

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jul 14 19:56:09 EDT 2006

On 14/07/06 17:52 -0500, Richard Smith wrote:

> That was one of the questions I asked earlier today.
> You tell me. You are the kernel dude.

Touche.  Ok - well - last I heard from the maintainer was loosely
paraphrased as "The linux-tiny tree isn't really helping, so I'm feeding the
existing backlog into mainline and future shrinkage work should be done there
or in the -mm tree".

I'm not sure if there is much left of interest to us, but I guess we can
pull down the remaining patches and take a gander.

We might also be able to find new things of our own.  Compile everything,
run 'size' on all the .o files, and ask yourself if you can reduce the
bloat.  Every little bit counts.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse