OS build and prototype

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Dec 19 14:00:26 EST 2006

Cherian,

Once you've shown OpenSolaris actually running on the ATest board, it
might be worth sending you a BTest system, but not before; the only
value OLPC can get out of OpenSolaris is exercising the hardware in a
somewhat different way and possibly exposing a hardware problem (which
has real value, as they usually come back to bite you eventually).
And we don't have spare BTest systems right now in any case.

Inspecting and tweaking the OLPC Fedora sources is also insufficient
grounds for a machine.
                                   Best Regards,
                                    - Jim Gettys

--