[OLPC-devel] Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight. (note change in time).

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:26:42 EDT 2006

>   Memory testing - we have a number of existing diagnostics under Linux: what do
>        people have experience with first hand?

Memtest86 runs as a standard payload for LinxBIOS we have used it a
lot.  Its one of the milestones in bringing up a new port.  Its just
about the best there is.

Perhaps we could make a tweak to kexec so it could load memtest?

How extensive does this test need to be?  Are you trying to catch
shorts on the address lines or just that it failed.

--
Richard A. Smith