[OLPC-devel] Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight. (note change in time).

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 23 01:53:35 EDT 2006

Richard Smith wrote:
>>   Memory testing - we have a number of existing diagnostics under
>> Linux: what do
>>        people have experience with first hand?
>

> Memtest86 runs as a standard payload for LinxBIOS we have used it a
> lot.  Its one of the milestones in bringing up a new port.  Its just
> about the best there is.
>
> Perhaps we could make a tweak to kexec so it could load memtest?

I thought it could ...

I can tell you that a BIG company has told me that the only meaningful
diagnostics they run on their big machines run under ... linux. They
don't trust bios diags at all. Just a data point: you can really test a
machine with linux, and really pin the errors down to the chip level, on
nodes much more complex than OLPC.

ron