[OLPC-devel] Re: Probably the easiest way to get LinuxBIOS flashed...

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 00:45:17 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 00:30 -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Are you running sumtool on olpc-development-rpm-jffs2.img per dwmw2 suggestion? (for
> faster mount time):

Yep. Last time I measured how long it took to mount a jffs2 fs of size
~150MB  it was around 13 seconds but that was with a stock Fedora
kernel. Without sumtool it was about 90 seconds.

> Do we have a script for image generation already?

We do. I'm in the processing of cleaning it up, will then move it to a
git repo on dev.laptop.org.

> On the Fedora packaging side of things, we probably want to make an RPM
> for buildrom and another for olpcflash, right?

Good idea. Probably just stick it in the same SRPM and use multiple sub
packages.

    David