[OLPC-devel] Re: OLPC need to do something on VGA speed :(

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sat Aug 5 13:50:19 EDT 2006

On 06/08/06 05:57 -0800, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> telnet 158.108.200.198 110
> login: zxc
> passwd: love4linux

That won't do me any good, since I can't see the display, no could I hear
any sound.

> I am sure I did not do any thing wrong.
>
> OLPC do has problem on VGA with sound speed.

Please stop using the term VGA.  VGA is not an issue here.  And it certainly
doesn't relate to "sound speed".

> w/o enable sound then huge .swf and .mpg can be played by mozilla w/o
> problem.

Can you point us to the "huge" .mpg you are using?

> If I play OLPC with sound then in few minutes after playing huge .swf (338
> MB) then the network will crash. And I have to do follow command:

You keep bringing up this "network crash".  That seems to be a different
issue unrelated to either "VGA" or "sound speed".  I suggest we remove this
from the equation for now.  Don't worry about the .swf and worry more about
MPEGs playing locally.   I'm going to go ahead right now and tell you that
currently, you are probably not going to be able to play a 10mbit/sec at
1024x768 and not expect trouble.  Xv will help eliminate some of those
problems, and we're definitely going to have codec optimizations in our
future.   If videos of this size and quality are your goal, then please,
help us improve Xv or start profiling codecs to help us optimize them.

Jordan