[OLPC-devel] Re: OLPC need to do something on VGA speed :(

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Sat Aug 5 11:10:06 EDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 05:57:49AM -0800, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
> Hi Jordan Crouse,

<snip>
> OLPC do has problem on VGA with sound speed.
>
> w/o enable sound then huge .swf and .mpg can be played by mozilla w/o
> problem.

<snip>
> If I play OLPC with sound then in few minutes after playing huge .swf (338
> MB) then the network will crash. And I have to do follow command:
>
> ifconfig eth0 down
> rmmod usb8xxx
> modprobe usb8388
>
> To bring back the eth0 (wireless)
>
> Please investigate and realized what is going on.

Er, looking at this briefly, are you sure that the problem has anything
at all to do with the display, and is not actually a problem with the
sound driver and the network drivers?

Can you verify that this does not happen if all you do is disable sound
on the MB (no other changes, still running locally), and then check to
see if you have any network problems with sound enabled and trying to
play a long sound file?

Just toggling the sound enabled/disabled shouldn't be causing any
changes at all in what the video drivers are dealing with, so verifying
that the problem is or is not actually related to the sound drivers
instead would help pin down where people should be investigating bug
wise.

Regards.
Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at aehallh.com>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801