[OLPC-devel] Re: Not so good news (Was: good news)

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 3 15:57:37 EDT 2006

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> NAK - Unless we all agree to go down this path and never look back, this
> patch is trouble waiting to happen.

I think we take this in two stages.

stage 1 -- we go with nrv assuming it works ok in my tests. I'm in no
rush to do this, however, because i want to get olpcflash done first.

stage 2 -- lzma. linuxbios gets really cleaned up for lzma.

And, stage 2 happens before stage 1 is needed.

thanks

ron

> The better thing to do is to set up LB to default to its previous behavior,
> and we'll patch the Config.lb in buildrom to set the appropriate flags
> based on a variable from Config.mk, which will also turn on the right
> compression targets.

sure, if you wish to do this, I can't complain.

ron