[OLPC-devel] Re: Not so good news (Was: good news)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Aug 3 12:14:39 EDT 2006

On 03/08/06 08:34 +0200, Carl-Daniel U. Hailfinger wrote:
> And here is the patch to buildrom to make use of the new infrastructure. Please note that it should only be applied AFTER the LinuxBIOS patch in my last mail has been merged upstream.
> You may have to change the checked out revision in packages/linuxbios/linuxbios.mk.

NAK - Unless we all agree to go down this path and never look back, this
patch is trouble waiting to happen.

The better thing to do is to set up LB to default to its previous behavior,
and we'll patch the Config.lb in buildrom to set the appropriate flags
based on a variable from Config.mk, which will also turn on the right
compression targets.

Jordan