[olpc-help] Problem to connect to the internet

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:24:48 EDT 2008

Welcome Aboard-

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Amin Mahmoud <aminpyramid at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I received my lap top on March 22,2008, I never recieved pin number to
> connect through
> T-mobil offer yet, I requested that on March 24,2008.

For the T-Mobile account, you'll need:
1.  The email address you gave when you made your donation.
2.  The Order Number you were given by OLPC Donor Services  when you
made your donation.

The Order Number is 10 digits and probably something like 70000xxxxx
or 80000xxxxx or 27200xxxxx.
It would be in one of the several emails you were sent concerning the
status of your order, and also on the shipping label as the PO number.

Then visit:
-   http://laptopgiving.org/en/pin.php

> I would like to know how to connect to the internet in general,I did
> connected directly to my disk top internet cable ,using USB port and it
> works fine.
>  I am trying to use wireless conection , I have a router but i can't make it
> work with the lap top, I would like if you could assist me on how I could do
> the wireless conections
>  by conecting the router to my internet modem to get my XO lap top work as
> well.

Start by visiting this page:
-   http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/start/connecting.shtml

Make sure you can see your own wireless access point (a circle) in the
neighborhood
Make sure you can click on your own wireless access point and the
border turns white and stays white.

If you can't, write back here and let me know what's happening.

There are also other tips available here;
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Troubleshooting_Guide