[olpc-help] B2 Laptop upgrade

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Mar 3 12:28:21 EST 2008

roe turbo wrote:

> versions B2-1 to B2-7 and some variations like B2-1A, B2-7-ext.I
> would like to know what is the latest firmware I can use in each
> laptop version that will work with no problems,

The latest firmware should work on all B2's  Q2D07 is what is currently
shipping but you might as well up date to the latest.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q2d13

> and also wich OS
> version I can use without problems, if possible.I will continue my
> research on the OLPC website but any help will be
> welcome.

Its hard to say which one of the builds will work the best on a B2 we
don't test on B2's anymore.  You will just have to play around.  Note
that the camera has been broken in the builds for a long time as we
fixed the hardware and then changed the driver.  So if you want the
camera to work then you will have to use a really old build.  Sorry I
don't know what that number is.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child