[olpc-help] HELP! Removing files from OLPC using linux??

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:59:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Daniel Weinreb <dlw at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> I was able to successfully download Flash, but when I try to play
> a video from YouTube, the XO cannot keep up. It pauses and
> jitters to the point where it's not worth watching.  This is not
> a network speed issue; I was connected by Ethernet cable
> to my home network which gets very fast Verizon FiOS

According to the Requirements page on the Adobe site:
-   http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/systemreqs/

Flash player 9 is not /supposed/ to work on the XO:

Flash 9 requires:
Linux(R): Modern processor (800MHz or faster) 512MB of RAM, 128MB of
graphics memory

Whereas the XO is: CPU clock speed: 433 Mhz;

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware_specification#Core_electronics

Of course Adobe has done amazing things in the past, so I wouldn't
rule out the possibility of Adobe releasing an optimized version with
lower requirements but for now I'd say your assesment is correct.

We  knew Flash wasn't supported on the XO, but it's an interesting
experiment anyway.

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com