[olpc-help] XO-1 Support in Cumming, GA ????

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Jul 31 12:06:19 EDT 2008

Alan Moffatt wrote:

> I’ve reinstalled the 703 build using a USB drive but my toolbar at the
> bottom of the screen has vanished – what do I need to do to bring it back?
>
> I’ve connected to the Mesh network but no idea after reading through
> the entire “Getting Started” pdf I have no idea where the “web pages”
> are or how to type in a URL.
>
> Help!!!

Hi Alan,
The upgrade to 703 will not bring in the activities with it (the icons
on the toolbar are different activities). This is by design so that the
core upgrade can be done without activities, followed by installing an
"activity pack". What you need to do is to follow a set of instructions
and get the activities installed. Follow one of the steps mentioned at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Update.1_Software_Release_Notes#Finding_Activities

"Bert's script" option works well if you are online. If not, try the USB
option.

cheers,
Sameer

--