[olpc-help] What cool USB devices are you connecting to your laptop?

franco community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 20 01:20:37 EST 2008

I regularly use at the same time:
Usb mouse
2x 1Gb pen drives on a hub
1x 40Gb external hard drive in two partitions each showing on XO.  This has no power other than through the XO usb port via a hub.
The above 3 drives are in a small three port portable hub with no ext. power.
That leaves one usb port for any of the following

I have also connected when I need it:
120Gb external hard drive
DVD R/W drive: This only mounts automatically if I have a disk in the drive and I could copy a file from it.
A hard usb keyboard
A roll-up usb keyboard

I run most programs from my 40Gb usb drive giving me an incredible amount of space for programs because this fits in my pocket and needs no power other than the usb port.  I expect, but have not tried, larger pocket drives.

Because my PC starts the Itunes software when I plug in my Nano for recharge, I now just plug the Nano into the XO for recharge.

My Nano mounts and I can play mp3 files.