[olpc-help] Should I get a dev key?

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 8 14:23:38 EST 2008

I'm a moderately savvy user, but nowhere near the *nix knowledge of many on this board. I have just a little ability, and just a little interest, in hacking the XO.

I *do* want the opportunity to screw around. But I also really like the idea that I can unscrew myself. I'm not (yet) testing the bleeding-edge builds. I'm very confused about whether I should leave well enough alone (that's certainly what I'm doing for now), or get the dev key, and/or permanently disable firmware security.

Any advice?