[olpc-help] What cool USB devices are you connecting to your laptop?

bouncey community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 12 23:50:04 EST 2008

So far I've plugged in and got to work in some capacity:

 - USB roll-up (floppy rubber) keyboard
 - Logitech TrackMan Wheel trackball
 - 1, 2, and 8 GB SD/SDHC cards
 - A couple of USB SD card readers
 - Generic trigger-style thumb trackball
 - Generic (maybe POWMAX) 4 port powered USB hub
 - D-Link DSB-650 ethernet adapter
 - Various headphones
 - Headphone-to-microphone cable, recording a bit of sound from my Mac (the XO's mic port seems a little sensitive; my first test sounded bad but after turning the Mac down to a very low volume it was okay)

These devices were detected but I haven't had time to properly test them yet:

 - An old Entrega U1-S9 USB-to-serial adapter (but it's so old and its maker is so dead that no modern computer seems to support it anyway)
 - Macally iShock Gamepad

I checked detection by doing "tail -f /var/log/messages" in the terminal and then watching what happened as I plugged things in and then removed them.