[olpc-help] clarifying how to restore

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 9 22:48:32 EST 2008

Thanks, Chih-yu & Michael.

I've done the activated upgrade, so I'm more or less back to where I was. (I need to remember to save my son's color scheme, though. I thought I had it right, but he noticed that it was off.)

Of course, that means I'm not going to be able to poke around to figure out what happened. It really seemed as if the restoration by booting while pressing "O" wasn't working, although from what you say, Michael, it seems like it should have. Still, probably something extra funny I did.

I appreciate all the good advice. In the future, I'll still appreciate advice, but you should also feel free to ignore me. I'm happily in over my head with the XO. I don't know what I'm doing, and it's the first machine in a long time I've been willing to "break". That means I'll probably do lots of stupid things and come here with stupid questions.

-Timothy