[olpc-help] Tips for Contacting OLPC through Email

Steve Holton community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 8 09:34:26 EST 2008

For Customer Service Issues such as questions about  XO shipping, Billing inquiries, or to arrange the return and replacement of an XO which has already been determined to be faulty, please contact
-   OLPC Donor Services at service at laptopgiving.org

For Technical Support Questions such as help getting connected to the Internet, questions about connecting external USB disks, or how to use Activities, please contact:
-   OLPC Help Desk at help at laptop.org

Important Note: If you send email to either of these two addresses, you should expect to receive an automated, computer generated reply within 15 minutes confirming that we received your request.
If you do not receive the automated reply, it indicates either that we did not receive your request or that you did not receive our reply and there's something broke in the mail loop.

If this happens, please check the following:

Please ensure both email addresses ( service at laptopgiving.org and help at laptop.org ) are added to your Address Book
Please ensure there are no SPAM blocking filters in place on your end which might prevent our reply from getting to you.
If possible, send the request again from a different email account.

If you've tried the above and are still not receiving the automated reply, check back to the forum here; if we are experiencing a temporary problem and are unable to respond to you by email, we wiil post a notification here.

If there is no reported problem, post a reply to this message, with the title of the emailed request and asking us to check into it. A volunteer will look into it as soon as we can.

Also please note: The 15 minute response time is only for the automated response; we will likely need a bit longer to have a volunteer get back to you with a customized answer. We have had several confirmed reports of people requesting assistance and receiving no reply traced to failures of email delivery. This is intended to provide a mechanism to bypass those failures.

Steve Holton      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support
Got an XO? Get on the map: http://tinyurl.com/37hmmm