[olpc-help] How do I disable Bitfrost? (AKA EVDO card setup)

Kantarjiev community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 1 12:58:47 EST 2008

> But it isn't a valid command on the XO, as 'route' is in /sbin,

Yes, sorry, I'm away from my XO and can't check where things are exactly.

Editing /etc/resolv.conf shouldn't be necessary if the wvdialer is working correctly. I've never used that, so I'm guessing that there might be some configuration problem related to it that isn't quite right - *it* should be setting the route and resolv.conf entries based on the information it gets back during the ppp setup.

I think. But maybe your ISP doesn't do it that way, and these are static changes you have to make once.

If you use this card on another (non-XO) system, do/did you have to do this sort of setup?

Best,
chris

First day donor :D