[olpc-help] Opera upgrade

Laurie DeMott demotlj at alfred.edu
Sat Feb 9 22:19:37 EST 2008

I installed Opera on my XO and though there are a few minor bugs (such as
small menu fonts and the program's refusal to remember some of my
customizing changes), on the whole, it's much more functional than the
regular Browser that comes with the XO.

When I open Opera, however, I am now getting a message saying that an
upgrade is available. (I am using 9.12 and there is a 9.25 available.)  I
cannot find anything in the Opera pages that tells me whether this version
will work on the XO.  You can download it in a Linux form but I don't know
if that means it will automatically work on the XO.  I'm not real familiar
with Linux so, while I managed to install Opera once, I don't want to do
anything to screw up my machine and so am hesitant to install an upgrade
if it isn't really usuable on the XO.  On the other hand, if it fixes some
of those minor bugs, it would be great to have.

Any thoughts?

Laurie