[olpc-help] Keyboard issues - stuck keys, keys registering erroneously

jbike community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Dec 30 08:06:23 EST 2007

I agree completely - except I am even more speculative that this is a hardware issue. The problem happens all the time. A reboot always fixes it (without touching the keypad, indicating that the key is not actually stuck).  By using a usb keyboard and mouse, we can use it all day without a problem - provided zero keys are touched on the XO pad. When the keyboard gets stuck (for me it is usually the shift key), the web interface fails to work correctly. Could these  problems be related?

My fear is that with only a 30 day warranty, beginning on the 15th of December, I cannot afford to wait for the next software build,- I will have to send it back. I truly wish that a longer warranty was offered.

Yet, by biggest concern is for the child who received the other computer overseas. How will they manage?

Jbike